This little recipe is terrific.
It fills you up because it is jam packed with goodness and it is fun and delicious with layers of gorgeous blueberries in every slice.
It is so simple to make.
Follow my recipe and tag me on inst @eaten_by_tracie to show me how you top yours.
I’ll cool, slice and freeze in portions then toast and load for breakfast.
Being organised is the key to keeping up with a busy life 😅
150g bananas (approx. 2) very ripe, mashed
100 g pitted dates, finely chopped
3 large eggs- beaten
160 g Natural yoghurt
100 g milk
Dry mix to fold-
300 g wholemeal flour
1 tbsp cocoa- sieved
50 g desiccated coconut
30 g chia seeds
1 Tbsp baking powder- sieved
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda- sieved
2 tsp mixed spice
Punnet of blueberries 🫐
- preheat oven to 180*
- line 2lb loaf tin with parchment
- combine all wet mix in large bowl
- add dry mix and stir to fold and fully incorporate
- place one third in tin
- sprinkle and scatter over one third of blueberries
- add 2nd third of mix, spread out evenly
- scatter over half of the remaining blueberries
- spread over remaining mix and even out and finally scatter over remaining blueberries 🫐
- bake for 1hr10min to 1hr30min (your oven will dictate, I used conventional, not fan)
- once a skewer comes out clean, place on wire rack and after 5 mins remove from Tin and cool fully
- it’s not too sweet so a great toast alternative and would be great with cheese too 💕
Slice and freeze in portions.
Top with your favourite combos and enjoy.
Being busy never tasted or felt so good 💪
*pic description: This is a slice of my wholemeal, blueberry and chia loaf toasted, topped with crunchy peanut butter and black grapes then drizzled with a little honey.